Fair Wind Cruises and it’s closely held corporations commit to minimize its impact of its activities on the environment.
- Sustainable Tourism Certified
- Certificate of Merit Award For Environmental Preservation
- State of Hawaii Governor’s Kilohana Award For Outstanding Volunteerism
- Richard Smart Big Island Community Achievement Awards Distinguished Business Award for Environmental Protection
- United States Congress / Hawaii Convention and Visitor Bureau “Keep it Hawaii”
Our key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote locally grown and made products.
- Meet and exceed all environmental legislation that relates to our company.
- Implement training for staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in improving our company’s performance.
- Be active in bridging the divide between host culture and the tourist industry through NaHHa trainings for staff.
- Provide and promote authentic Hawaiian Historical information that pertains to the areas where our company does business, to all staff members.
- Employ high and uncompromising ethical standards in relationships with our environment, guests, community and associates.
- Foster a work environment that best serves our employees, encourages teamwork, cultivates trust and respect and provides challenging opportunities, while emphasizing accountability.
- Maintain a relationship with our customers as a desirable activity with responsiveness, reliability, integrity and attention to service.